November 22, 2009

So I recently moved back home and it has been anything but an enjoyable experience. I was planning on making a major move so I decided that, in order to save some money, I would move back to my parents house (rent free).

Initially, my plan was to stay at the house for three months maximum but then I got a promotion at work so I decided to wait a little longer and save more money…and that’s where the problem begins.

I won’t bore you guys with the details but all I have to say is that, although I wouldn’t call myself a party girl I do enjoy going out with friends…I mean come on, there’s just so much to do in this area (museums, art shows, plays, nightlife, etc). My parents don’t believe in the nightlife part and it’s driving me craaazzzyyy!!!

I find it shocking to actually admit that I wouldn’t mind paying the ridiculous rent in DC if it meant that I would have my freedom back. These people are just too strict for me!!!

1. November 22, 2009 10:46 PM

Well I kinda understand how u feel but….u've got a savings goal so just bear the rules for now and take it easy abeg.

2. November 23, 2009 4:48 PM

Oh Rayo I know EXACTLY what you mean. This past weekend we had a bridal shower at our house, (I don't know the bride or groom, if I saw them on the street i'd keep going) and all of us were wondering why. My mom said and I quote "You never know when one you will be getting married and we may need some help…" I think time stopped when she said that. I'm thinking, where and when am I supposed to meet this man my mother speaks of? I work full time, on weekends you have a to do list for me days long and then when I do go out, I have to compose a essay on where i'm going with whom, how long, etc, etc. Even with this info she still calls to make sure i'm not getting too wild, because you know me…. chock full of crazy, one sniff of kool-aid and my inhibitions run wild. Anyhoo it' will be over soon. You only have a few months to go. 🙂

3. November 23, 2009 5:17 PM

Lol…dont crucify your folks yet o…wait till you are one yourself.Maybe then, you'll understand their view point some more…ps: cheapskate :p*snicker*

4. November 24, 2009 2:50 PM

he he he… abeg while in their house, you follow their rules. shikena. Dont worry, soon you will be on your own. btw – you can always get a room mate.

5. November 27, 2009 7:24 PM

lmao!!!! i feel your pain though, me and my mum cant even live in the same city, she will be all FBI on my life, you need to save up that money pronto and get outta there assoon as.

6. December 3, 2009 9:26 PM

You should just remember the reason you moved in with them in the first place. hang in there.Your blog is nice.

7. December 14, 2009 3:18 AM

I never got to meet mumsy and popsy! They must be ridiculously hot to have made you and your sibs. Stay on good terms with them so I can meet them next time ok? ;)What I tried with my parents is I told them that they raised me right and have done their part but I need to do these things that I want to do. They didn't like it and we had plenty of screaming conversations but at least they knew I knew their strictness was not because they are mean but because they worry about me. Actually, I don't know if they cared if I knew why they were being strict. It's not easy moving back in after moving out…that's one thing people who make that move have told me.

8. December 26, 2009 12:31 AM

Thanks for the advice and encouragement you guys! My parents and I had a "family meeting" (even though my other siblings were not present) and we've worked out an agreement.