Bee Woman

April 6, 2009

*sigh* Monday. Another day another dollar. Damn this recession.

Do any of you have annoying coworkers? I have the baba nla of annoying and lazy coworkers. I might have mentioned her before on facebook; the old Asian woman that smells like she lathers herself with a Bengay and Tiger Balm concoction every morning just so she can torment my nose hairs. We’ll call her H.

H is a 60 something year old woman, who, although she doesn’t claim to be young, must thiink she can still do things she did 20-30 years ago. When you are an older person working in a young, competitive, and fast paced environment, you better be able to bring something very nice to the table.

Not H.

H takes such a long time doing her work that some might believe she is being meticulous. But then at the end of the day, I not only have to do my own work, but I then have to go into overtime/overdrive fixing her fuck ups.

Have you ever had that feeling where you would rather work by yourself because at least you would understand why you leave work so tired? I feel it all the time. The fact that she’s there all the time but I do literally times times the amount of work she does is very frustrating.

I can’t stand it anymore and although I have complained to upper management they basically just told me that they are not doing anything about it.

Damn.

So I decided to just deal with it in my own way(s):

1. Talk to her about it. She told me that she needs a constant reminder to do her job and that I should warn her when she starts slacking.
A. They’re not paying me enough money to babysit a 60-something year old woman.
B. Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around?

2. After I refused to follow through with #1, I decided to just try and ignore it. But that wasn’t possible because I see her all day and it was like ignoring a bee sting. So pressure would build up and I would end up just flipping out on her…we all know that’s unhealthy. I also didn’t want HR to get involved so…

3. I now curse under my breath. Yes, I’ve turned into one of those quiet but digruntled people who smile and ask you, “how are you?” but then you can hear them muttering, “like I give a shit,” under their breath.

Ihave become the weird red stapler guy from ‘Office Space.’

As I’m looking at her right now, I just wanna slap her!

1. April 6, 2009 3:05 PM

nice i am 1st.lol to no. 7 but a bit too cynical for moifocusing rather on good stuffbut its hilarious.

2. April 6, 2009 3:05 PM

3. April 6, 2009 3:35 PM

A new template every day abi?lol pele. This woman sounds seriously trying. Imagine her thinking it’s your job to warn her when she’s slacking! Sheesh!Are you still working at the bank?

4. April 6, 2009 4:06 PM

lmao…abeg dont slap her oh…wouldn’t have to contribute money for bail…hehehehhehehehe

5. April 6, 2009 4:37 PM

LooooL. Pele. I feel you pain. You just have to stick it through for a little while longer. {I hope}X.

6. April 6, 2009 5:08 PM

now im going to suspect u everytime u tell me “how are you”? welcome back!

7. April 7, 2009 4:42 PM

looks like a tough one keep your head up lol

8. April 8, 2009 12:30 AM

I am sorry for you…you want to be on 9 News @ 11…African girl slaps old Asian lady…aanu e n se mi

9. April 8, 2009 3:19 AM

Hey you. I haven’t left you. I’ve just redirected my blog direction. It’s all twitting for me, now: http://twitter.com/pixgremlinJoin us.. 🙂 I am getting back to reading your blogs, though. 🙂

10. April 8, 2009 4:55 PM

I am really sorry but i knw how you feel,its really annoying,right?

11. April 30, 2009 11:15 PM

gosh i have been in ur shoes, angered by collegues! Its easier said than done but sadly u have to find a way around at least for ur peace of mind. lol @ disgrunted people, I am certainly one of them thanks to many bee like people.

12. May 8, 2009 9:33 PM

It’s may

13. May 31, 2009 6:31 PM

so much anger Rayo…. lmao! i love the new look.

14. November 24, 2009 2:54 PM

lmao. i cant say i feel your pain but you really need to talk to someone or else you will burn out.