Sunrise and Swimming

March 13, 2008

Quotable Quote: “That ignoramus intete of a filament that calls herself my supervisor, may she shit faya shit on a daily basis, and may her husband cheat on her with a Hepatitis A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J and K skank, and deposit the contents of his shaft to her envelope….Amin!” –Bayo

That’s what I was greeted with this morning at the ass crack of dawn as I made my way to school for my swimming class. As you can see, the street lights were still on and no one was outside, which means that I too had no business being out of bed. Oh, but of course…I had to go swimming!!

You guys, I’m so tired of waking up at 5:30am every single Tuesday and Thursday just so that I can nearly drown and spend the rest of the day shivering like a wet rat. I swear my swimming instructor is a bastard; I remember when the class first started and one girl was drowning. Do you know what the man did? He just stood there and stared at her…then he started yelling “CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN!” After the girl decided that being able to breath was more important than calming down, he told her “OK, FINE…WHEN YOU DRINK ENOUGH WATER YOU’LL LEARN.” We had to rescue the girl ourselves! Luckily I already know how to swim, but the guy always finds something that I’m doing wrong. The sad part about all this? I can’t even drop the class because it’s a requirement for graduation.

So I guess I’ll just have to suck it up and ignore the semi-permanent taste/smell of chlorine that lingers with me at all times. And I guess I’ll just have to keep looking at the picture above and tell myself, ‘well, at least I get to see the beautiful sun rise every other day.’

1. March 13, 2008 12:54 PM

okay, when you called the guy a bastard, I started laughing. No worries babe, this is just one thing that you will get through. At he end of the day, you can tell him what a miserable cretin he was. And you should, it could help someone else that has to take a class with him to graduate.Hope all is well? Keep your hair from the chlorine oh…NIGERIAN CURIOSITYIT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE…

2. March 13, 2008 12:56 PM

oooh weee, first (and second).NIGERIAN CURIOSITYIT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE…

3. March 13, 2008 1:02 PM

hahahahhahahahaha…pls I need to know that bayo u got the quote from ….I need to know him like right now..hahahahaha..need someone to help me curse my new manager…

4. March 13, 2008 3:23 PM

ROTFLMAO!Ok, the opening quote had me hollering in the library…. i shouldn’t come on your blog when i am on campus mehn…Please explain to me why swimming is a requirement for your graduation. And at 5.freaking30am? LAI LAI OH! pele hon, we are already halfway through the semester… just hang in there mehn….Your instructor actually said that to someone that was drowning? wow…

5. March 14, 2008 1:52 AM

Bayo must have been really pissed. wow!!! raw anger meet naija vex; thats what will come out. lmao!!They say if you calm down you will float…i think thats some load of bull. i dont know who that theory works for o. I relax and next thing, i am lying flat on the pool floor. somebody say sinker!!! lol!

6. March 14, 2008 3:13 AM

lmao @ the opening quote!!!…wow…what kin fuckery is that?…swimming to graduate?…lie lie…

7. March 14, 2008 4:12 AM

I can just picture you wanting to drown your instructor. But getting up at 5.30? Just to learn to swim?? I admire your dedication. I had to learn how to swim 8 years ago when I was going to join the army, and if it weren’t for that, there is no way I’m going near water!!..:-)As for the opening quote, well… 🙂

8. March 14, 2008 5:21 AM

omo, i am happy i am not in your shoes oh… kai…. werin naaaa

9. March 14, 2008 1:21 PM

lol lol!..swimming class is a requirement?..thats madd o..eh yah..pele my dear..ull be alright..:)

10. March 14, 2008 1:29 PM

Damn that teach is a really assFucker!!!!! Did the poor girl drop the class after that?Yes you’ve got no choice darl it’s your last semester. Is that the only class you have on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

11. March 19, 2008 5:30 PM

He sounds like a real douche bag. Sorry to hear about the girl that almost drowned. I wonder what he would have done should she have drowned?

12. March 23, 2008 10:26 PM

@Solomonsydelle-Thanks for the advice…I can’t wait to call him a bastard to his face…of course that’ll be AFTER he gives me my grade.@Afrobabe-Lol the funny thing is that he’s usually really calm though, so he was clearly very angry when he was talking about the “intete of a filament” lol@Honeywell-Well you see, I go to a HBCU so I guess as a precautionary measure [see: Hurricane Katrina] they want us blacks to learn how to swim. Either way it’s a very annoying requirement@Incog-LMAO @ lying flat on the pool floor! Nice one…but sadly, true.@G-Nigeriana-Yup, swimming to graduate@Aworan-It’s not a matter of dedication oo…it’s a matter of I won’t be graduating if I fail the class.@Neef-She didn’t oo…you see, like me, she too needs the class in order to graduate@QOMC-He would have probably said it wasn’t his fault.

13. April 12, 2008 2:50 PM

Rayo, rayo, rayo… I’m sorry i’m so late but I just read this post and why are you taking swimming? I didn’t take it. Got that religious excuse. If I knew I would have directed you to the dude who writes the excuse letter. Me?, take swimming, especially after i heard about these drill sargents they call professors, God forbid! lol