St. Lucia, Anyone?

February 21, 2008

Quotable Quote: “When i was 10, this devilish boy said i bore a striking resemblance to amala that wasn’t quite done.”–Exschoolnerd (from her old blog)

So, according to my school’s requirements, I have to take a semester course in ‘Beginners Swimming.’ Mind you, the only time I could fit the class into my schedule is 7 am which means that I have to wake up at 5:30 and leave the house by 6:20 if I want to make it to class on time…I’m not a morning person but I’ve learned to tolerate it.

But today, Blogville, today, I wanted to kill the weather man. The current weather system in the US is quite irritating, quite capricious (word of the day)–and because of that, it could be 70 degrees (Fahrenheit) today and 30 tomorrow. Today was one of those latter days. It actually snowed yesterday and usually when it snows up here it gets a little warmer…today was an exception.

Anyways, back to my story.

So I left the house and walked up to my car. Usually I just wear flip flops to the class because it’s a swimming class but I seriously regretted it today; I’m still trying to thaw my feet. I reached my car and the driver’s door refused to unlock…so I had to climb into the front seat from the back. Yea…it was so cold that the lock froze.

After I entered, the ride was pretty smooth; I climbed out of the car from the back seat, went to class, swam, and when class was over I put on my street clothes and COVERED shoes…not flip flops (I learned my lesson). I got to the car and luckily I didn’t have to embarrass myself because the driver’s door finally worked. After parking I started walking toward campus, involuntary tears streaming down my face…and as I reached my destination I saw my reflection and thought to myself “why does my hair look so stiff?” I touched the hair and would you believe that it was as stiff as a board? As in, I bent it and the kini just cracked…IT WAS FROZEN!!!!!!!!

I had dried my hair as much as possible after the class but it still managed to freeze!!!!! I’m still shivering as I type because I am just that cold. My chest is even paining me now. All because they don’t want me to drown in case I ever decide to jump off a boat in the middle of the ocean. Excuse me, I will just let the water take me oo…no use in struggling.

Which brings me to my point: Blogville, I don tire for this thing that they call winter. I want it to be over NOW!!! But since that’s beyond my control I have decided that the next best thing is to say ‘fuck it all’ and go off to some warm sunny island…St. Lucia. Apparently it’s the only place on earth that has mountains coming out of the ocean…interesting huh?

So who wants to join me?

1. February 21, 2008 10:32 AM

BANG!!! i made 1st!!!

2. February 21, 2008 10:39 AM

so you had to climb into the front seat from the back? so gangsta!and i saw that snow too, it made me not want to go to work and they say it will be horrible tonight, so my conclusion…Yup!!! St. Lucia, lets go!! or lets somehow expedite the arrival of the summer; thats when we (dudes) get to see our pretty ladies take IT ALL OFF!!!! such a blessed time.

3. February 21, 2008 11:41 AM

@Incog-Ding ding ding!! Somebody please give that guy a cold stout for being first!! lolYou know how I’se be…original gangsta. I don’t care who be looking at me strange…so wat if i wanna climb out the back of ma car? If you look at me weird again i’ll bust a cap in yo ass.But yea, if we go to St. Lucia now you will get to see the pretty ladies take it all off NOW.

4. February 21, 2008 12:09 PM

Okaaaaayy!!! …and technically, I came second. lolSome place where mountains come out of the ocean? I’m in. lol

5. February 21, 2008 1:37 PM

Me third!Quick,give me a cookie:)Lol@frozen hair.Do you actually get course credits for swimming?Damn.I’ll join you on the trip but only if we go to Hawaii.And I get to pick your bikinis *evil grin*

6. February 21, 2008 1:48 PM

I’d love to join you…I need some tropical weather already.(You already know that the word “stylish” insn’t even in my vocabulary so the number of days that I run out of the house with wet hair that freezes immediately is too many to count [blame Canada]. I suspect it’s not healthy for the hair though, so I’m trying to make time to blowdry when I can, which so far isn’t that often.)

7. February 21, 2008 4:21 PM

Don’t you just wish u could do that for real. But come oh… what are u going to tell ur parents about the rest of ur semester? Anyway, springbreak is coming up, maybe u could go chill somewhere warm for a week. It never gets that cold in ATL so i guess i got it made. Although, i still complain alot, even though ih has actually only snowed twice in 6yrs.

8. February 21, 2008 8:42 PM

@Mommy-yes, you came in second. You get a silver medal. Yay!! I need to pick a date for this thing.@Nine-Your cookie is in the mail. Yes, it’s a one credit course that I have to attend for 2 hours a week. So you’re going to pick my bikinis abi? I think Victoria’s Secret has some…I only request the best.@GNG-How do you do it without freezing to death? Isn’t the weather in Canadia like -100?@Sting-I do, for real!! St. Lucia or Florida. What my parents don’t know won’t hurt them…of course they’ll wonder why I couldn’t graduate, but hey, shit happens right?I most definitely can’t wait for spring break to arrive…aaaahhh I can’t wait. I’m actually gonna be in ATL in the summer but it’ll already be warm up here anyway so it won’t make a difference for me. 6 years you say?? Lucky bishes

9. February 21, 2008 9:32 PM

damn!!!…i don’t miss the cold for nothing in the world…it’s good i didn’t have a boyfriend in atlanta during the winter…i would have stayed indoors and fucked my life away, for warmth’s sake, of course;)……st. lucia sounds nice love…have fun and meet some hot men for us all…

10. February 21, 2008 10:13 PM

i’m pretty warm:)

11. February 22, 2008 2:27 AM

abeg make that ticket for 2! but its the opposite on my end…. its been hot and muggy mehn, irritatingly so… everyone is breaking out, and we keep having tornado warnings.. but jeez, your hair froze? thats intense…

12. February 22, 2008 3:36 AM

sorry dear,you can come learn swimming in naija cos our weather right now is hotttttttt! and the rivers hmmmm therapeutic!weather forcast in lagos whould be like 27″c

13. February 22, 2008 4:04 AM

sorry about ur hair…….course credits for swimming -brill!!!!!come on down to Lagos baby…its deliciously hotttttttt*wink*

14. February 22, 2008 8:01 AM

Your hair managed to freeze?!?!? See, you wouldnt have that problem if you were bald.. 🙂 Right now, im stuck in the UK while the missus is galavanting all over India at the moment.. ye-ye woman! She in the heat while man pickin stuck for this cold island!! As for St. Lucia, I’m actually trying to go for May for the Jazz festival. Whether I get access is another thing. if so, we’ll hook up there.. 🙂

15. February 22, 2008 10:50 AM

@toochiGrrr.

16. February 22, 2008 1:46 PM

I’m with u o…can’t wait for winter to be over in this land!I know it wasn’t funny, but lollll @ ur stiff hair. Was ur hair frozen???? :)Its always better to took my own swimming requirements in the summer…I can just imagine!!! U’re trying!

17. February 22, 2008 2:04 PM

@Guerr…Lmao!! I wish I had someone whose life I could fuck away…but then I’d probably never go to class.@Toochi-Thanks for rubbing it in my face…:(@Honeywell-The weather just can’t seem to behave, can it? Yea…my hair was literally frozen!@Darkelcee-*currently dreaming about swimming in the rivers*@Ibiluv-Wish I could@Akin-lmao!! I was in so much shock that I had to blog about it lol. I don’t think I’m brave enough to become bald..yet! But if this continues, I just might have to suck it up and do it.Ooh jazz festival eh? I just might have to make that trip then.@Jaycee-Yes!! It was frozen!!!!! I wanted to take it in the summer but they said I couldn’t because I had exceeded the number of credits allowed for summer courses.