Here’s To You Lovers Out There

January 29, 2008

Written by my friend, Wayetu…..

I dreamed that I was running down a long dirt road with the sun high above me and miles and miles behind me.
I don’t remember why or to whose urgency I ran, but in the sun I sprinted as fast and as far as my legs could take me.
To my disappointment, the faster and harder I ran, the more dust was kicked and cast into the air to blind me.
The more diligent I was and the harder I tried to get to where I was going, the more dust twirled around me, mocking my proceed and stifling my journey.
My head pounded and my feet were blistered and bare.
Too weary to go on any longer, I knelt on the road in the tornado of dust that my anxiousness had made.
I prayed.
“Slow down,” He answered.

So I did.

And when I stood on my feet in the sun, on the long dirt road of miles and miles, I understood that it was my own impatience that had blinded me.
I created the dust that troubled my journey.
So I slowed down.
And the dust settled.
I could finally see where I was going.

I can finally see where I am going.

My heart calmed down and I found peace.
I stopped running and the dust cleared.
“Slow down,” He said.
And I did.
And there you were.

1. January 30, 2008 1:28 PM

First!!yay!anyhow, please, i dont want to look like a psycho…just seen a note you have on public urination!!unless ur drunk, its waaay outside the world of social graces!!should i poke him?lol saw one wall posting on my cousins wall…it was about poking safely…a condom advert!

2. January 30, 2008 1:40 PM

What a lovely poem. Thanks for sharing it.Does this friend of yours have a blog, perchance?

3. January 30, 2008 2:33 PM

wow…I guess we are always too busy and too able to see or hear Him….nice..

4. January 30, 2008 2:51 PM

Deep

5. January 31, 2008 12:12 PM

deep!! i am going to apply this one. “Slow down” he said…Yes sir, i hear you!! i am taking a chill-pill right away!!

6. January 31, 2008 12:54 PM

@Vindi-You should definitely poke him. Even if he doesn’t remember you he’ll be like “who is this babe poking me? Where do I know her from?” I guarantee you he’ll poke you back at least once. Lmao @ poking safely@Jummy-I’ll ask her if she has a blog. I know she has a magazine called The Coup and she also has a published book. Her name is Wayetu Moore and she’s from Liberia.@Afrobabe-Yea, it has motivated me to slow down a bit and smell the roses@Olamild-Yea, lol@lol I took my chill pill just a couple of hours ago…now I’m so chill that I couldn’t even get up to go to my classes.

7. January 31, 2008 3:14 PM

Awesome! You better believe I’m going to look her up!