My Babies

January 18, 2011

It’s the dead of winter and my hands look and feel like a pile of dead leaves, except for my right thumb, which is now green. And, no, I don’t have gangrene. I woke up one morning with an intense urge to do some indoor gardening and now my brain thinks that it’s spring.

Here are my new “babies.”

These have been around the house for years and I’m working to rejuvenate them.

This is fake….but I liked it so I bought it…along with the painting.

The identical ones are African Violets and you basically have to treat them like babies, which is really annoying. The red orchids are (very) fake.

The bulb in the middle will grow to look like this:

Image courtesy of The Fun Times Guide

Some more….

I even sewed curtains for the door windows because of the fabric’s flower patterns.

So who else out there has a green thumb?

About these ads
  1. January 18, 2011 5:00 PM

this must leave you with lots of oxygen to breathe in ! nice :)

2. January 19, 2011 9:45 AM

Oooh they look so lovely! Now tempted to go get flowers for my house.

3. January 19, 2011 6:23 PM

I’m so ashamed now, lol. I got a plant as a housewarming gift last Spring and it’s almost dead. #shameface

Yours look so alive and fresh. What’s the secret?

4. January 21, 2011 5:14 AM

Oh, nice. Really nice.

Thanks for stopping by.

5. January 22, 2011 7:21 AM

Lol I don’t think I have a green thumb. I sometimes forget to water plants. And if I forget long enough well… I wouldn’t go there

Yours look great though :)

6. March 7, 2011 8:21 PM

My dad was the one with the green thumb growing up, i hated plants thus they always almost died when it was my turn to water the plants! :( but as I get older I am starting to appreciate them. besides without plants we wouldn’t have H20