Why Do Personal Trainers Love Bigger Women?

January 5, 2011

I’m watching The Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo and the episode features a plus size woman. Patti, the matchmaker, began by stating that she has nothing against bigger women but for the rest of the episode she rained insults on the woman and gave her dirty looks, even going as far as to call her a “plumpty tumpty.” ¬†Whatever the hell that means!

*woosah*

But I digress.

I noticed that two personal trainers showed up for the “casting call,” as I call it, and I wasn’t shocked at all. After observing the personal trainers that I know, I’ve noticed that they prefer bigger women. I’m not complaining ;) but seeing that their line of work involves helping people to attain¬†the perfect body one would assume that they’d be attracted to someone that’s physically fit. Or could it just be that they view their women as a personal project that they could “sculpt to perfection?” I hope that’s not the case.

I have several theories but I want to hear what you guys have to say about this….why do you think personal trainers love bigger women?

Sidenote: After watching the rest of the episode I wanted to slap this woman (the plus-size chick)!!!! What the f-ing hell is her problem??? She gave the guy a handjob in the restaurant even after he told her that he wasn’t attracted to her!!! Okay, Patti can go ahead and rain all the insults she wants on her, I’ll make an exception on this one.

1. January 5, 2011 12:19 PM

I’ve never noticed this but that’s probably because I’m not observant. I do know that a couple of pretty fit guys contacted me when I was on Plenty of Fish and I was baffled as to why. Now that you’ve made me consider it, I think they might see me (and others like me) as a pet project and a challenge of sorts :)

Probably it’s just a coincidence though: I know some superfit guys who have nothing but harsh things to say about plus size women (and men).

• January 9, 2011 7:31 PM

I’m leaning more toward your “pet project” explanation but apparently they’re just generally attracted to bigger women….at least the ones I know.

2. January 5, 2011 9:35 PM

I had the same reaction to the plus-size chick, blogged about last night’s episode as well.

Maybe personal trainers see fat girls as a challenge and expect eternal gratefulness if their fitness tips ‘pay off’. Who knows?

3. Broke And Tolerating It permalink
    January 6, 2011 5:07 PM

Or maybe they are actually attracted to these women. I’m sure there are people out there that are going out with them for the Barney Stinson reason, but big women are beautiful too.

• January 9, 2011 7:30 PM

Yup! I actually asked two of my trainer friends and they said that they’re just generally attracted to bigger women. So yea….I guess for the most part they just find them attractive.

4. January 11, 2011 6:30 AM

i dont know about fitness guys liking big women, but it may be because they are the ones that are more willing to part with money to get in shape, via the fitness guy’s ‘program’…whatever it may be
    personally i like big (not fat) women, sexually speaking…full bodied is da ish. who needs bone without the meat?
    nice blog, never been here before

5. Original Mgbeke permalink
    January 13, 2011 9:45 PM

That’s an interesting observation. Like GNG, I guess I haven’t been that observant but it’d be nice to get some perspective…

Happy new year, lady!